Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Recipe: Chicken and Apple Soup

I didn't used to use my slow-cooker very much, but since becoming a mom I've started to use it a lot more. It allows me to cook dinner for my family without having to feel rushed in the evening. In honor of  Smockity Frock's “What’s in your CrockPot?” Link-up, I'm sharing my husband's favorite slow-cooker meal. (And since the chicken is juicy and the apples are mushy it's a favorite of my son as well even though he's only 11 months old and still getting used to solid food.)

Chicken and Apple Soup
  1. Cut a large onion into 4-6 wedges and place in the the bottom of a slow-cooker.
  2. Core a large Granny Smith apple and cut into wedges. Place in the bottom of the slow-cooker.
  3. Cover apples and onions with chicken broth.
  4. Coat 6 chicken legs (We remove the skin first.) with Penzeys Turkish Seasoning.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours).

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Oooo! This sounds so good! Thanks for linking!

Post a Comment